The Head of Talent & Development will be responsible for talent management, development and succession planning across Fintel (c. 500 people). You will be a talent scout, partnering with the business and HRBPs to identify, develop, retain and progress talent across the organisation. You will be a key member of the Group HR Leadership team, playing an integral role in shaping our talent agenda and the wider People Strategy.
This role requires a passionate, creative, tenacious, adventurous and data-savvy talent professional. You will question accepted ways of doing things, collaborate ceaselessly across the organisation and have a clear focus on getting things done.
This is a brand-new role with relative green fields for an experienced and creative talent professional to really make their mark.
This role is based in the Huddersfield office - the team currently work 2 days per week in the office, and the remainder from home.
What you'll be doing
- Building Group-wide frameworks, processes and approaches, with local nuance as required, that will enable us to identify, manage and develop our talent on an ongoing basis
- Designing and facilitating talent development initiatives and programmes relevant to development needs and to support achievement of our strategic plans (e.g. Leadership Development programme, Rising Stars programme etc)
- Building talent data to allow insights and enable action-oriented conversations with stakeholders around retention and development of key talent
- Championing and building manager/leader capability to develop talent, including having great career conversations and building practical development plans.
- Working in partnership with leaders and HRBPs identifying current and future skills gaps and implementing cost-effective development solutions (e.g. apprenticeships)
- Partnering with leaders and managers across the group to embed a robust succession planning approach. Maintaining ‘live’ succession plans and proactively follow-up on the actions required for critical roles
- Championing diversity and equitable opportunity. Educate, challenge and influence the business to create balanced and effective teams with a diverse range of skill and experience
- Oversight of our Learning Management System, ensuring content remains fresh and relevant, and is promoted across the Group to drive engagement
What you need to succeed
- Degree qualification ideally in a Human Resources related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in designing and effectively executing motivating and engaging development programmes, including for a remote or hybrid working audience using engaging virtual and e-learning tools
- Demonstrable experience of implementing effective talent management strategies, with working examples of effective succession planning
- At least 3 years’ experience of success within a similar role
- Excellent commercial understanding and data smart, with a clear focus on ROI and success measures
- Energy, resilience, good sense of humour, with patience to impact positive cultural change
- Well-honed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact, influence and build relationships at all levels
- Working in a fast-paced team environment with sometimes fast changing priorities
- Sound data and digital skills (i.e. MS Teams, Microsoft Office 365, including Excel)
What we offer you
- Happy to talk flexible working
- 4 x Life Assurance (with ability to flex up or down)
- 3 x Critical Illness Insurance
- 75% Income Protection cover
- Medical Cash Plan (with ability to flex up or down)
- 5 working weeks of holiday per year, increasing by 1 day per year up to 29 days
- Option to purchase up to an additional week of holiday
- Birthday day off and a birthday voucher to treat yourself
- Group personal pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyecare vouchers and flu vaccination
- A range of ‘flexible’ benefits which can be selected via our Benefits platform, including Cycle to Work scheme
- 35 hour standard working week
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity and paternity pay, and access to our modern people-centric policies such as our ‘Flexible Working Promise’ and ‘Dress for the Right Mindset’ policy
Fintel plc and all the businesses within it adopt a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination on any of the protected grounds in the Equality Act 2010.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better business outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all staff. From application to interview, we place inclusion at the heart of all we do.
For these reasons we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.