An opportunity has arisen to join the UKs largest provider of outsourced support to financial advisers as an Event Host & Coordinator.
The role will be based in our Huddersfield office, with the flexibility to balance remote working as required and will require travel to and from events across the UK.
You will be part of the Groups central events team who are responsible for the delivery of the industry’s largest event programme.
Working with both the Head of Events and Events Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the successful delivery of our event programme, hosting some of our key events and supporting the overall running of the wider event programme, ensuring high standards are maintained throughout.
What you'll be doing
- Managing specific projects of the SimplyBiz events programme, ensuring their smooth running and that high standards are maintained
- To support the Head of Events and Events Manager, as required
- To host key events
- To establish working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders including Members, Product Providers, Hotels and event venues
What you need to succeed
- Previous experience organising business events
- Full driving licence
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- You are process driven, have the ability to prioritise, be highly organised and have a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and capable of working to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative, as part of a small team
- Ability to delegate, where necessary
- Excellent communicator both verbally and in writing
- Self starter with a professional and enthusiastic attitude and a dedicated approach to achieving the best possible result
- Must be willing to accept that extensive out of hours support may be required
What we offer you
- Company funded income protection, critical illness and life assurance cover
- Happy to talk flexible working
- Annual leave allowance increasing with length of service
- An extra day off to celebrate your birthday, plus a £25 Amazon voucher
- Cycle to work scheme
- Investment in your professional development
- Access to our free Employee Assistance Programme
- Lots of fundraising events for charity to get involved in!
Fintel plc and all the businesses within it adopt a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination on any of the protected grounds in the Equality Act 2010.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better business outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all staff. From application to interview, we place inclusion at the heart of all we do.
For these reasons we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.