Defaqto builds a range of products and services that enable financial advisers to deliver client-centric, compliant financial advice.
Due to growth we're expanding our team and recruiting for Software Developers to join us on a permanent basis.
Working as part of an agile software delivery team, you will be responsible for developing market leading financial software.
What you'll be doing
- Delivering thoroughly tested high quality software on time that meets specification
- Collaborating with Business Analysts to translate user stories into working code
- Providing accurate development estimates to feed into planning processes
- Ensuring that all technical deliverables are delivered in line with Defaqto’s architecture strategy
- Working as a key and reliable member of a development team, focussed on delivering work to agreed timescales each sprint
- Providing input to application design based upon technical knowledge of existing applications
- Providing constructive code reviews for colleagues and working effectively with the software test team to help ensure bug free releases
- Actively participating in retrospectives to help iteratively improve development processes and standards
- Acting as a consultant for the Application Support team regarding deployed applications
- Feeding into appropriate documentation to facilitate effective and efficient deployment and support of applications
- Proactively keeping technical knowledge up to date and feed learning into the wider IT team as appropriate.
What you need to succeed
- Excellent technical skills including:
- .NET development environment
- C#, Web API
- Angular (any version)
- T-SQL & SQL Server
- Visual Studio / VS code
- An understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of object-oriented software, common design patterns and SOLID principles of software development
- An interest in or willingness to learn about, the financial services industry, financial products and the financial advice process
- Able to interpret and analyse business requirements to produce simple high level software designs
- Good problem solving and solution design skills
- Effective team working and collaboration skills
- Very good written and oral communication skills - able to clearly articulate complex problems and solutions and communicate effectively with non-technical colleagues
What we offer you
- Company funded critical illness and life assurance cover
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Defaqto FitPlan - contribution to gym / sports club fees or fitness equipment
- Happy to talk flexible working
- Group personal pension plan, with an employer contribution of up to 10% of salary
- 5 working weeks of holiday per year, with the option to purchase up to an additional week
- Access to our regular wellbeing programme including free Zoom fitness classes, meditation, yoga..
- An annual performance-related bonus
- Access to our free Employee Assistance Programme
- Interest free season ticket loans for those who travel by public transport
- Lots of fundraising events for charity to get involved in!
Fintel plc and all the businesses within it adopt a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination on any of the protected grounds in the Equality Act 2010.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better business outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all staff. From application to interview, we place inclusion at the heart of all we do.
For these reasons we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.