Defaqto’s software solutions support all layers of the financial services industry – helping product providers to design, market and sell financial products and helping financial advisers to provide compliant advice.
We're now seeking a Scrum Master to join us on a permanent basis. In this role you'll be working within a multi-disciplined Scrum Team to facilitate the successful delivery of high-quality software across multiple workstreams.
You will be joining the team at a point of significant growth, and you will be instrumental in supporting the team in this transition. Through collaboration, coaching and tracking sprints the Scrum Master will work with all members of the technology team to promote continuous improvement.
What you'll be doing
- Facilitating sprint rituals for multiple Scrum teams
- Ensuring sprints are planned to achieve the sprint goal with consideration to technical dependencies and team capacity
- Protecting sprints against scope creep and support the delivery team to ensure committed work is delivered as per the definition of done
- Managing sprint dependencies and remove impediments from the Scrum team to ensure continuous smooth development
- Identifying and mitigating against risk and issues and escalate where necessary
- Providing visibility of progress towards sprint commitments
- Tracking and reporting metrics, providing visibility to the team and stakeholders, ensuring a data-driven approach to decision making
- Implementing the release plan and support the UAT process by ensuring bugs and feedback are appropriately triaged, recorded, and actioned
- Ensuring the Scrum team are following the agreed processes and using tools (eg TFS) consistently
- Supporting the delivery team to review and adapt processes to improve output without compromise on quality
- Fostering a collaborative team environment and ensuring all are focused on a common goal
- Mentoring and coaching on best practices to ensure that everyone maximises the benefits that the Agile development methodology provides
- Encouraging a culture of learning and drive to achieve continuous improvement
- Ensuring consistent working across all Scrum teams.
What you need to succeed
- Previous experience working as a Scrum Master
- Experience working on data focused projects involving multiple systems
- Demonstrable working experience and knowledge of Agile frameworks and methods
- An excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artefacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Highly IT literate, with good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An interest in, and willingness to learn about, the financial services industry, financial products and the financial advice process
- Ability to facilitate discussions that produce meaningful outputs and bring value to the teams
- Creative thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organisational skills, with the ability to plan and prioritise own work to meet deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly and to develop an expert knowledge of internal and customer-facing applications
- Desire to action change and empower individuals within a team setting
- Good conflict-resolution abilities
What we offer you
- Company funded critical illness and life assurance cover
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Defaqto FitPlan - contribution to gym / sports club fees or fitness equipment
- Happy to talk flexible working
- Group personal pension plan, with an employer contribution of up to 10% of salary
- 5 working weeks of holiday per year, with the option to purchase up to an additional week
- Access to our regular wellbeing programme including free Zoom fitness classes, meditation, yoga..
- An annual performance-related bonus
- Access to our free Employee Assistance Programme
- Interest free season ticket loans for those who travel by public transport
- Lots of fundraising events for charity to get involved in!
Fintel plc and all the businesses within it adopt a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination on any of the protected grounds in the Equality Act 2010.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better business outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all staff. From application to interview, we place inclusion at the heart of all we do.
For these reasons we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.